Update from the NCA on information collected from several different sources:
- Last week the Boulder City Council announced that they saw “no path forward to reconcile with the Boulder County Commissioners on a library resolution.”
- The Boulder County Commissioners are expected to formalize the same at their regular meeting on 4/26/2022.
- Boulder Library Champions are proceeding with petitioning the measure onto the fall ballot which they held off on doing at the request of Boulder City while the joint city/county resolution was worked on.
- Because of upcoming deadlines to petition the library district onto the fall ballot, the Boulder Library Champions had to finalize the language and boundary map and decided to exclude the bulk of Niwot. As of today, they have not yet updated their proposed boundary map on their website (www.boulderlibrarychampions.org) but the current map is below.NCA areas (NCA service area map):
- Areas 1, 2, 3, 4, & 8 are all outside
- Area 5: North of Monarch is outside and south of Monarch is inside
- Area 6: inside
- Area 7: East of N. 73rd is outside and West of N. 73rd is inside
|Boulder Library Champions Library District Boundary 4-18-2022|