Thank you to all who participated in another successful Niwot Clean Up Day. It’s one of our favorite community services to our wonderful NCA members! We appreciated the leadership and help of 45+ volunteers this year that made this important and popular event possible.
Special thanks to Tom Sesnic, Vice President of the NCA and John Barto Area 5 Representative for their amazing planning and organization of this event!
The NCA Clean Up Day is a revenue loss event paid for by the NCA and subsidized by Boulder County to encourage people to recycle and dispose of unwanted items. In 2018, we were able to divert 51.4% of discarded times from landfills. Below are the results for this year’s Clean Up Day.
Here are some statistics:
- 5 Dumpsters of trash
- 3 Dumpsters of slash
- 24 Mattresses and boxsprings for recycling
- 8 Container of styrofoam for recycling
- 3.5 Pallets of paint for recycling
- 3400 lbs of electronics for recycling
- 1 Dumpster of scrap metal for recycling
- 234 Members participated (45% of our membership)
- 121 Single trips
- 68 Double trips
- 30 Triple trips
- 8 Quadruple trips
- 1 Member made 7 trips
Click Any Image to Enlarge